IL 16 Hour Concealed Carry Class with Laser Range Practice
You will also qualify to receive a Florida concealed weapon permit should you wish to apply for one and meet the eligibility requirements. (Additional fees apply).
Train on one of our laser ranges before shooting the live – fire test!
The team at Firearm Training Pros realizes that exercising your right to possess/carry a firearm places a great responsibility on you. Some of the basic things you must master are firearm knowledge, safety, control, restraint, situational awareness, and proper mindset are a must. You have a responsibility not only to yourself but also to those around you.
Utilizing a firearm under stressful situations is extremely difficult. We have the training and expertise to provide you with the necessary skills to handle your firearm proficiently. Being skilled takes time, patience, practice, and proper instruction.
We will provide you with the basic knowledge, and skills necessary for owning, concealing and handling a pistol safely in accordance with Illinois laws. Our classes are taught by NRA Certified Instructors that are certified by the State to teach Illinois CCL / CCW classes.
Owning a handgun is NOT a requirement for taking the class. We will have a variety of revolvers and semi-automatics for you to examine. You may bring a handgun and 50 rounds of brass cased ammunition for the firearms range, but handguns and ammunition are not allowed in the classroom at any time! If you don’t own a handgun, rentals of various types are available. We have some of the most popular concealed carry handguns on hand.
To qualify for an Illinois (CCL) Concealed Carry License
The applicant must:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid FOID card (if an Illinois resident) or be eligible for FOID card if a non-resident.
- Have not been convicted or found guilty in Illinois or any other state of:
- A misdemeanor involving the use or threat of physical force or violence to any person within the last 5 years
- 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drug or drugs, intoxicating compound or compounds, or any combination thereof, within the last 5 years
- Not be the subject of a pending arrest warrant, prosecution, or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification
- Not have been in residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the last 5 years
- Submit an appropriately completed Concealed Carry License application
- Successfully complete 16 hours of firearms training, including classroom and range instruction.
This course is required to obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit in Illinois.This course is recommended even if you don’t wish to obtain your permit or concealed carry but have, or plan on having a weapon in your home for
self-defense. Our instructors will provide every student with the training they required to be successful. We even offer additional classes to build your skills, reflexes, and situational awareness. The current State of Illinois training requirements are listed below.
The required 16-hour firearms training course will include range qualification time and shall cover the following:
- Firearm safety
- The basic principles of marksmanship
- Care, cleaning, loading, and unloading of a concealable firearm
- All applicable state and federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm
- Instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.
All applicants must pass a live fire exercise with a concealable firearm consisting of:
- A minimum of 30 rounds
- 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards, 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards, and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the ISP.
An 8 hour class credit will be given by your instructor for military service or previous documented training as approved by the state.
Our CCL / CCW class covers:
- 4 Universal safety rules.
Treat Every Gun as If It’s Loaded / Don’t Muzzle anything you are not willing to shoot / Keep your finger off the Trigger until your sights are on the target and you are ready to shoot / Know you Target and what is in line with it.
- Home Storage.
- Vehicle Storage.
- Public Storage.
- Gun Identification.
Revolver / Semi-Automatic. Single Action / Double Action. Differences in the semi-automatic Glock / XD / Sig / Beretta/ 1911. Safeties and de-cockers there purpose and proper use.
- Ammunition identification and selection.
Caliber differences and the problems associated with selecting the incorrect caliber of ammunition for your firearm. Standard loads / hot loads i.e. 9mm or 9mm +P+ / 38 Special or 357 Magnum.
- Safety and Cleaning protocols.
- Cleaning Equipment.
- Loading and Unloading.
Magazine loading and unloading
Speed loader loading and unloading
Practice Loading and Unloading
Basic Principals of Marksmanship
Three Fundamentals of Shooting and more!
- Sight alignment
- Sight picture
- Trigger control
Dry Practice Three Fundamentals of Shooting on one of our laser ranges using a SIRT pistol and / or a real firearm using laser ammo before shooting your CCW test.
State and Federal Laws. (Relating to Ownership, Storage, Carry and Transportation of a Firearm)
Reserve your seat today!